The Best All-Inclusive Family Vacation
We love theme park vacations! More specifically Disney theme park vacations. We travel to Disney World and Disneyland more than anywhere else, but even we can admit there is something extra special about finding that perfect all-inclusive vacation. If only there were a way to combine all-inclusive with Disney...
Oh wait! There is!
A DISNEY CRUISE!
A Disney cruise is so much more than a regular cruise or all-inclusive resort vacation. From family friendly entertainment to adult only spaces to unbelievable port destinations- Disney does it all (and better than any other resort or cruise line, too).
Take a look at our top reasons a Disney Cruise is the best all-inclusive family vacation you can find:
1. Kid Clubs Every Disney Cruise ship has kid clubs divided by age group designed for maximum levels of fun and entertainment. All the fun is supervised by Disney cast members that are so good at their jobs, your kids won't even realize they are being chaperoned. The Oceaneer Clubs and Labs are for kids ages 3-12. Larger than life play spaces, arts and crafts, interactive activities, character experiences, game centers, and imaginative adventures are just some of what your child will experience while under the supervision of the amazing and creative Disney counselors. At Club Edge, your tweens (ages 11-14) can hang out with others their age surrounded by gaming systems, dance floors, and movie theaters. Tweens can also choose to participate in counselor led trivia games, ship wide scavenger hunts, and arts and crafts. Vibe is a teen only club (ages 14-17), and while the fun is chaperoned your teens will hardly notice as they enjoy karaoke and virtual reality games. There is also plenty of space to kick back and relax, watch a movie, or chat with new friends.
Even the youngest of Disney cruisers have their own play space! If you have a little one between the ages of 6 months and 3 years then you can reserve childcare at Small World Nursery (note- all kid clubs are included in your cruise fare except for Small World Nursery ,which charges an hourly fee).
2. Dining If you have been on a cruise before then you know one of the greatest perks is the food. But we are here to tell you, Disney takes their cruise dining to a whole different level. There are multiple dining experiences for you to try that are included in your cruise vacation. When you move to a different dining room, your wait staff moves with you. This is called rotational dining and it is magical, personalized service unique to Disney. You will find a different culinary experience and theme in each dining room. Enjoy an enchanted evening with food, music, and entertainment at Rapunzel's Royal Table on the Disney Magic, or celebrate jazz and southern cuisine at Tiana's Place on the Disney Wonder. Disney characters come to life right before your eyes at Animator's Palate on the Disney Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy cruise ships. While the brand new Disney Wish has both Frozen and Marvel themed dinner shows that are sure to blow you away.
3. Entertainment You will find deck parties and themed events on every Disney cruise ship. Pirate nights complete with shows, character meet and greets, and fireworks are a Disney cruise line staple. You can also choose a cruise itinerary offering a Pixar or Marvel themed day at sea. Regardless, every cruise ship has complimentary Broadway level musicals and theater productions. Examples include a Frozen musical spectacular on the Disney Wonder and Fantasy ships, Beauty and the Beast on the Disney Dream, Tangled: The Musical on the Disney Magic, and Aladdin on the Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish cruise ships.
4. Private Island Bahamian and Caribbean cruise sailings will bring you to Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. Here you will find the perfect beach island getaway where you can choose from a multitude of options, or simply enjoy lounging in the sun. There are lounge areas, recreational rentals for kayaks or snorkeling gear, restaurants, sporting events, and a multitude of shore excursion options. Adults and kids alike can enjoy the water park area complete with several slides you may want to visit again and again. Your kids can stay with you for family fun, or you can drop them off at the island kid club, Scuttle's Cove. If you choose to enjoy some kid free island time then head over to Serenity Bay, the adult only section free from splash zones and slides.
5. Pools and Recreation While on your cruise ship you can enjoy many different pool and recreational activities. There are spaces for everyone, including splash zones for youngsters and pools just for adults. The Disney Dream and Fantasy include the AquaDuck, a ship wide water coaster, while the Disney Magic has a 3 story tall body slide. The Disney Wish boasts the first ever water coaster called the AquaMouse. A water playground can be found on the Disney Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy cruise ships. Every cruise has multiple quiet pools as well. Whatever you are in the mood for, we guarantee you can find it on your Disney cruise. If you have had enough of the water, other activities include: miniature golf, basketball courts, shuffleboard, running tracks, full spa, and virtual sport simulators.
6. Adult Only Spaces After dropping your kids off at their kid clubs, you can head on over to the adult only spaces on your ship. Order a cocktail in a galaxy far, far away at the Disney Wish's Hyperspace Lounge. Savor a nightcap at Keys, an old Hollywood themed piano bar on the Disney Magic. Along with multiple night clubs and lounges, other adult only spaces you can expect to find on your Disney cruise include Senses Spa and Salon, fitness centers, quiet pools, and signature dining restaurants.
7. Flexibility A Disney cruise has something for everyone to enjoy whether it be fine dining, relaxation, or live entertainment- you can find it all on your cruise ship. If you like to explore new places then choose a cruise itinerary with multiple port destinations and schedule exciting excursions like swimming with the dolphins or a bike tour for your family. Everything is customizable to what you want to do from destinations to activity level to length of stay. Interested in a weekend getaway? Then choose a 3 night cruise. Want to explore more locations? Book a 7 night stay. Want to combine with your Walt Disney World vacation? No problem, plan a Land and Sea vacation. Port Canaveral is less than an hour drive from Disney World making it super easy to combine your cruise and theme park vacations.
Interested in learning more about planning a Disney Cruise? One of our talented travel advisors at Castle Coaches Travel would love to help you!