Top 10 Reasons to Stay at a Disney World Hotel in 2022
Updated: May 18, 2022
Are you thinking about taking a vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort and considering a stay at one of the many wonderful Walt Disney World Resort hotels? (Yay, you!)
During the early stages of planning a Walt Disney World trip, one of first things you will tackle is deciding where you should stay. Most people will consider the all-important question, “Should we stay on Walt Disney World property?”
Perhaps you have heard about all the changes made at the resort during COVID and you are wondering if the perks of staying at a Disney hotel have been so diminished that it’s no longer worth it. There are literally thousands of options of places to stay in the Orlando area and many are much less expensive that a Disney hotel. A lot of guests consider this question.
We hear you. And we’re here to tell you HECK, YES, staying on property during your Disney vacation is still the way to go, no question about it!
1. Variety There are currently more than 25 Disney Resort hotels to choose from! From budget-conscious accommodations to the luxurious deluxe Resort hotels to one, two and three-bedroom villas, there is a resort to fit every price point and design style. Whatever you’re looking for, chances are you can find it in a Disney Resort hotel.
2. Complimentary Activities Did you know that many of the Resort hotels offer free activities for families to enjoy? Most of the Disney hotels offer Movies Under the Stars and some have campfires. Some of the Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer Community Halls which include both free and paid experiences such as Mickey Tie-Dye, video games, DVD rentals, foosball, and crafts. One of the most unexpected activities is found at Tri Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness, where you can visit the stables where the horses are kept. Many of the resorts have themed free entertainment in their lobbies or on their property, like hula demonstrations at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. And there’s always the fun of using the
monorail to enjoy what the different resorts have to offer.
3. Extra Park Time Disney Resort hotel guests are allowed entry into any of Disney World’s four theme parks 30 minutes before the general admission opening time every day. An extra 30 minutes will enable you to ride one or two favorite attractions, but you can knock out one or two headliners before non-Resort guests are even allowed through the gates. But that's not all! Guests staying onsite at a Deluxe Disney Resort get TWO additional hours in the park starting at official park close. On Mondays guests can enjoy two hours at EPCOT and on Wednesday's in Magic Kingdom. When you combine this benefit with the early theme park entry benefit available to all Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of other select hotels, you’ll have maximum time to experience The World’s Most Magical Celebration! 4. Promotions and Packages Throughout the year, Disney will offer promotion discounts and freebies exclusively to guests staying on-property. Promotions we’ve seen in the past include percentages off room stays, extra park admission days, free dining, discounts for Disney+ members and Disney credit card holders and more. These promotions can significantly lower the cost of your Resort stay. Should you have already reserved your package before a promotion is released, your Travel Planner at Castle Coaches Travel will work behind the scenes to have the discount applied to your existing reservation.
5. Complimentary Transportation No matter which Disney Resort you stay in, your transportation around the vast property is designed for your ease and convenience. Boat, bus, monorail or the new Skyliner gondola system connect every hotel to the theme parks, water parks and Disney Springs. No matter which forms of transportation serves your resort, the use of all of these is free to Disney guests.
6. Convenience A great benefit of staying on property is simply location. No matter which of the fantastic hotels you chose, staying in in the magic will save you hours of vacation time you could potentially lose if you have to travel to and from the parks every day. The convenient transportation from parks to hotels means you’re never too far away for a midday swim during a hot day, a nap for the kids (or yourself) or a quick freshening up before an evening of fun!
7. Better Access to Dining Reservations This one is HUGE. Dining reservations at Disney World are much harder to get post-COVID. When you stay at a Disney World Resort hotel, you can make dining reservations for the length of your stay* 60 days before your check-in date. This can be critical if you want some of the harder to get reservations like a character breakfast at Topolino’s, a special experience like a Fireworks Dessert Party, and fan favorites like Be Our Guest and Oga's Cantina.
8. Genie+ Lightning Lane Early Access
On-site guests have a major advantage over off-site guests when it comes to getting Genie+ and Lightning Lane ride reservations as part of the new Genie+ service (Your Concierge Travel Planner at Castle Coach Travel will fully explain Genie+ and how to best use it before your trip.) Disney resort
guests can make their individual Lightning Lane attraction selections beginning at 7 a.m., while guests staying off-site cannot make selections until the park opens. This gives you an important edge in making the most of the new Genie+ benefits.
9. Great Service It’s no secret that the Walt Disney Resort offers some of the best guest service in the world. Cast Members, as Disney employees are called, are extensively trained to provide great service and their goal is to create a magical environment for all guests. Walking into your Disney Resort at the end of a long day is a lot like coming home after a long day at work. Smiles and greetings from the Cast Members upon your return from the parks are sincerely meant and feel as such. No request is too small for their attention and they will do whatever they can to make your stay memorable for all the right reasons.
10. The “Magic”
It’s true – staying in the Disney Bubble sprinkles your vacation with pixie dust and wraps you in a cocoon of fantasy and fun. No traffic jams, no bad news, no drama. Just special touches and undiscovered delights, like hidden Mickeys searches, the relaxation of the spectacular pools, warm hugs from favorite character, a quiet morning coffee on your balcony, memorable evenings on Resort beach or the Boardwalk watching the fireworks over the theme parks. Eventually, all good things must come to an end. But while you’re at Disney you can leave the real world behind and enter a land of fantasy where you reconnect with the most important people in your life as you make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.